You are currently studying a piece of writing with titles Benefits and Uses of Neem, Tulsi, Wheat Grass and Amla on Skin Care on the Herbal Adams. This article was updated on 16 July 2019.
Hеrbs are plants with savory or aromatic properties that are used fоr flavоring and garnishing fооd, mediсinal purposes, or for frаgrаnces; еxcludіng vegetables and other plants consumed for macronutriеnts. Culinarу use typically dіstіnguіshes hеrbѕ from spices. Herbѕ generally refers tо the lеafy green оr flowerіng partѕ оf a plant (either fresh оr dried), while spices are usually driеd аnd producеd frоm othеr parts оf the plаnt, іncludіng ѕeedѕ, bаrk, rootѕ and fruitѕ.It’s easу to undereѕtimate the pоwer of plаnts to heal your bodу’s toughest ailmеnts. Often, we go straight tо ovеr-thе-countеr medicines tо trеаt our heаdаches, іnflammatіon, and othеr syndromes. Mаny of us hаvе been conditioned tо depend оn prescrіptіon drugs all of our lives. If you аrеn’t yet, it’s time to famіlіarіze yourself with nаture’s medicine: heаling herbѕ. If you’re іnterested in ѕupplementing yоur hеalth and wellness routіne with ѕоme nаturаl remedіes, herbѕ оffеr a valuablе and tіmе-tеstеd wау to dо so. Whether you wаnt to booѕt thе health of your heart, ease the discomfort of arthrіtіs, оr just wаke up your mind, Yоu can try herbаl consumрtion that is ѕuitable for уоu. It’ѕ сlear that science says hеaling herbѕ can treat a variеty of heаlth рroblems, but wе alsо wanted tо call on the еxpеrts. Keep reаding for everуthing you nееd to know about hеaling hеrbѕ here.
You might be surprised to know that skin is the largest organ in human body. It is a kind of sheath that separates us from the outer environment. It protects our internal organs from getting exposed to the harsh climatic condition pravelling outside. Any problem in skin or any kind of infection to the skin can causes threat to the internal organs. It helps in keeping our vital organ from hanging outside the body getting infected very easily. It also helps in maintaing body temperature. More importantly it helps us in perceiving sensation of touch.
According to modern sciences skin is made up of three layers. Named epidermis the outer layer, dermis the middle layer and subcutaneous fat the inner layer. Ayurveda believes that skin has six layers.
Epidermis is the outer most layer of the skin and is the part of the skin, which is visible with our normal eyes. This layer of skin keeps on producing new cells, as 30000 to 40000 cells are lost every minute. It contains a very important content name melalin that is a very talked about things now a days. Melalin imparts colour to our skin. More the melalin content darker is the complexion. Actually melanin is a protective device of your skin that helps you to protect from sunburns and very harmful ultraviolet rays or more commonly called UV rays. This is the reason tanning occurs in people who get exposed to sun. But melalin production is not enough to give all round protection to protect skin from dehydration and cancerous cell production. Important thing about epidermis is that it is composed of dead cells hence is non vascular i.e. it does not have blood supply and nervous supply.
Second is the dermis layer that lies below the epidermis. As it is beneath the epidermis hence dermis is not visible. Dermis serves very important function in the protective and perceptive role that skin plays. It serves many functions, as it possesses nerves ending, vascular supplies and glands (both oil or sebaceous glands and sweat glands). Due to presence of these factors we can perceive the touch sensation. Vascularity to the skin initiates in dermis and hence helps in providing proper nourishment to the skin cells. Dermis also contains sebaceous glands or more commonly called oil gland, which helps our skin in lubrication thus helping it from catching any infection. It makes our skin work as raincoats therefore help skin from getting sogged and swelled away in water. Sweat glands play a very important role in our life. Most important of all is that it helps in maintaing our body temperature; secondly it plays an excretory role by excreting out harmful toxins that might have formed in our body; thirdly it helps in protecting our body from microorganism as it possess antibacterial properties.
Third and the most important of all the layers is the subcutaneous fatty layer. Its role is to work as a shock absorber in he body and to maintain body heat from getting transferred to outside temperature. It also helps in holding internal organs tightly as it is present beneath the skin. This also contains a very peculiar feature that only mammals possess i.e. hair follicles. This layer is full of hair follicles out of which hair grows out. Nourishment of hairs depends upon the sebaceous glands, which opens into the hair follicle thus proving it with shine and nutrients.
Types of skins
It is really very essential to know the kind of skin you possess, as right care of skin can help in reducing any skin problems and avoid diseases.
There are mainly 5 types of skin: –
1. Normal skin: It not a commonest kind of skin. It is soft, smooth, velvety and evenly textured skin with no flaky dead cells and no pores visible. Proper distribution of oil and moisture is there that makes it a balanced skin i.e. not excessively dry and not excessively greasy. It is clear and free from blemishes
2. Dry skin: Skin is said to be dry, when skin is dull, patchy, reddened and flaky especially around eyes. Dry skin may cause formation of fine lines on cheeks, under eyes and corners of mouth. These conditions happen when oil or sebaceous glands are not supplying good nourishment and lubrication to the skin. If proper care is not given to the skin then it may lead to initiation of wrinkles in early age.
3. Oily or greasy skin: This kind of skin is thick, dull in colour and shiny in appearance. Due to over secretions of oils or sebum through oil gland, makes skin pores open and skin becomes sticky, which attracts dirt and dust from the environment. Due to this tendency, dirt and dust particles blocks the skin pores which are already widely open in oily skin leads to problems like black head, white head, acne and other skin related problems.
4. Combination skin: Commonly seen skin texture which is the combination of two kind of skin i.e. some of the skin area is dry and some of the area is oily. Usually it follows the pattern of “T” i.e. the greasy part is usually the portion which is vertical to nose crossing nose (nose, mouth and chin) and horizontal on fore head and hence referred to as “T-Zone”. The area left i.e. cheeks is comparatively dry.
5. Sensitive skin: This kind of skin is very sensitive to any change in environmental conditions or any kind allergies, which may be caused due to procedures like bleaching, makeup’s and other external applications.
How to know that what type of skin you possess
It is a very simple method to know that what kind of skin you possess by following procedure mentioned below.
Whenever you wake up in morning, wipe your face with dry tissue soon after leaving your bed. If you find oil on that tissue, you possess oily or greasy skin. If you find grease on the center panel then you possess combination skin. If there is no grease at all then you either have dry or normal skin.
Now to check weather your skin is dry or normal. Just do one thing, wash your face with non-greasy soap and water. If you are left with the feeling of stretchiness and tightness on skin then you possess dry skin otherwise you have normal skin. If in daily routine you easily get skin allergies, rashes, itches and boils then your skin supposed to be sensitive
Our skin faces mainly three kinds of troubles
1. Firstly disease caused directly to skin from external source.
This includes diseases that directly infect the skin from outside for example fungal infection in early stages etc
2. Secondly disease caused due to systemic disorders.
This is the second category of the disease, which is caused due to systemic infection in the body. For example leprosy, psoriasis
3. Thirdly it may represent mere symptom of another disease.
In this skin is the mere face that represents the symptom of any disease prevailing in the body. For example loosening of skin, which might be caused by dehydration.
How to make skin to happy so that it may remain healthy and glows with shine.
1. Protect your skin from over exposure of sun by using sunscreens
2. Carry an umbrella or a cap with you when overexposed to external environment
3. Don’t smoke and drink excessively
4. Wash your skin gently and with lots of care
5. Moisturize your skin regularly
6. Shave with care and softly. Only shave in direction of hair growth
7. Use of good skin cleansers and toners regularly to open up blocked pores.
8. Drink lots of water and fresh fruit juices
9. Eat healthy food and avoid junk food.
10. Avoid use of chemicals on your skin
Inspite following these measures if you are not able to achieve the healthy and good skin then you must read below.
Here are some herbal remedies that is the answer to all your problems
Benefits of neem on skin
· Neem is a wonder herb. Since early times neem is known for its wonderful properties and marvelous results on skin. It works as blood purifier and is very helpful in eradicating toxins from the blood that are supposed to cause harm to the skin.
· Local application of neem powder or neem oil has miraculous results. It is a famous anti microbial herb, it renders all the microorganisms inactive therefore helping in proper healing of wound without causing any infections and septic conditions
· Good results have been seen on skin problems like acne and blemishes. It helps in disinfecting the hair follicles and helps in eradicating the particle which is the main culprit in blocking the pore
· Taking bath of neem leaves socked water helps our body to counter mild infections, which our body might get in day-to-day activity
· Neem helps in early healing of burns and injuries that might also helps in fading of scars that are left after the any injury
· Tropical application and internal use of neem makes us relieved from eczema and even ringworms
· Neem is very helpful in providing internal glow to the skin by providing natural supplements that are required for good and healthy skin
· Neem is extensively used in hair fall and early graying of hairs with very satisfying results.
· It also find its application in dandruff and in lice growth
· Neem is helpful in lighting dark circles which are usually caused due to life style disturbances
Know more about Benefits and Uses of Neem on Skin Care
Effects of Tulsi, the holy basil on skin
· Tulsi behave as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent thus helps in eradicating any of the microorganisms developing on the wound and the skin.
· Tulsi is a wonderful blood purifier that helps in eradicating any toxins circulating in blood and helps us from any kind of foreign invasion there fore helps in protecting our skin from acne and other skin infections.
· It helps in normalizing our digestive system thus helpful in treating cause by which dark circles are caused.
· Tulsi is helpful in skin conditioning by improving blood circulation thereby helping each and every cell to get its part of nutrition and oxygen that helps in glowing skin
· Tulsi works as a powerful antioxidant thereby helps in preventing early aging signs and makes the skin young as never before
Know more about Benefits and Uses of Tulsi on skin care
Wheat grass and its effects on skin
· Wheat grass has been used since ages as it is helpful in providing required vitamins and minerals that are very helpful in nourishing skin and helps it to look healthy
· Due to presence of vitamin E in wheat grass, it helps in preventing aging and also helps in maintaing shine on the skin.
· Vitamin E also helps in preventing dark circles around eyes
· It is a good remedy in any skin disorder, as it possesses the cold potency, which is helpful in curbing skin disease that are of hot potency.
· Super oxide dismutase (SOD) present in wheat grass helps in slowing the aging process of cell thus gives the property of rasayan to wheat grass
· Alanine, an amino acid helps in promoting blood formation there fore helpful in formation of RBC (red blood corpuscles), WBC (white blood corpuscles), blood platelets etc. which are helpful in providing proper nourishment and protection to cell from any foreign invasion
· Vitamins A present in wheat grass is very useful in improving vision of eyes therefore helping in providing proper nourishment to the skin under eyes preventing dark circles and sagging down of skin
· Iron is helpful in hemoglobin production therefore is helpful in increasing oxygen carrying capacity of blood and is helps in imparting pinkish colour to the skin
Amla and its benefits on skin
· It is very helpful in skin diseases as it has sheet virya (cold potency), it inhibits pitta dosha and thus helps in getting relief from it as all the skin disorders are caused by pitta dominance.
· Regular use of Amla promotes glow on skin and delays wrinkles or loosening of skin. Good results have been found in eczema.
· Its internal use as well as its local application on scalp gives good results in hair loss as it provides nourishment to the skin on head (scalp).
· It stimulates hair follicles thus promoting hair growth and also improves texture of the hair.
· It also prevents premature graying of hairs and dandruff, which is flaking of dead cells of the scalp.
· Indian women generally use Amla to wash their hairs, which act as natural hair conditioner as it helps in providing good nourishment and also helps in normalizing blood supply
· It is helpful in making skin glow and works as an antioxidant therefore prevents wrinkles and loosening of skin.
Know more about Benefits and Uses of Amla on skin care
Aloe vera: a skin specialist herb
Aloe vera is an herb extensively used in enhancing beauty in natural way.
· Aloe vera is known to help in condition known as dermatitis (an inflammatory disease of the skin) therefore helps in relieving from it
· It stabilizes digestive system and therefore is very essential in providing proper nourishment to the skin.
· Being an herb of cold potency, it helps in fighting against any skin diseases that are caused by pitta related disorders
· It works as magic in burn cases and researches have proved its efficacy in healing wounds faster than any thing
· It is helpful in erasing blemishes and dark spots on face generally caused after pregnancy.
· It helps in fighting with acne and other allergic disorders of skin thereby making pores clear and healthy
· Helps in lightening of the skin colour, as it helps in fighting extra amount of melalin that has been produced in body
· It works as an antioxidant therefore helps in fighting with the age related changes that has occurred with growing age
· Helps in slowing down the wrinkles developing on the skin.
· Helps in increasing circulation of blood thus facilitating easier oxygen exchange between the cells thus providing them nourishment
Thеrе’ѕ nо denyіng thаt wе’rе аll slоwly going back to nаture. And I mean thаt literаlly. People nowadays are starting to live simpler and hеalthiеr by goіng bасk to the basiсs. Hоw basіc? Wеll, a lot of рeорle turning to hеrbѕ аѕ an alternative waу of healing. Hеrbаl medicine hаs bееn аrоund for сenturies. According to Steven Chasens, an herbalіst, “Hеrbal medicine hаѕ bееn uѕed as kitchеn mediсine fоr thousands of yearѕ, and whіlе our bоdy’s response to thеsе natural treatments hаѕ not сhanged, we now hаve mоre global choiceѕ thаn еvеr.” Plеasе keep in mіnd, however, thаt nоt all herbal supplements аre appropriate for all peоple, ѕо chеck wіth уour doctor tо ѕее if you’re іn the clear. Be sure tо cоnsult your personal physіcіan bеfоrе mаkіng major changes tо your dіet. Always praсtiсe preсautionary measures before uѕing any of thеѕе hеrbѕ. Consult wіth a medical professional fоr the best way of using them. Thiѕ warning іѕ is especiаlly fоr pregnant wоmеn, brеastfееding mothers, peоple tаking blood thinners, рeoрle with hіgh blood pressure, etc.